Australasia's Top Wedding Photographers 2022 - Terms And Conditions
1. Australasia’s Top Wedding Photographers is open to citizens and residents of Australia and New Zealand. In order to receive a prize, winners must supply an Australian or New Zealand mailing address. For the purposes of this competition, a resident is defined as a person who has lived in Australia or New Zealand for at least six months at the time of entering this competition.
2. Employees of Yaffa Media Pty Ltd ( the Organiser) and the competition sponsors are not permitted to enter the competition.
3. Freelance writers and photographers who have been paid to contribute to Capture since 1 January 2022 are not permitted to enter the competition.
4. Entrants retain copyright of their images. By entering the competition, entrants provide Capture a limited-use authorisation to publish and share entered photos for the sole purpose of promoting Australasia's Top Wedding Photographers. Images will be credited with the name of the photographer when used for any publicity in relation to the competition.
5. The entrant must be the creator of any images entered into the competition.
6. If an entrant is not the copyright owner of an image, say if they have were employed by a studio or another photographer as a second shooter or contractor, the entrant must have the express permission of the copyright owner to enter the image into the competition. Written evidence may be requested. Where a photographer wins a prize for an image where such permission has not been obtained, the entry will be disqualified and the entrant will be required to return any prizes and/or cash to the Organiser.
7. All post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
8. The entrant is responsible for obtaining relevant model and/or property releases.
9. Images must have been taken at an actual wedding, or civil ceremony.
10. Images must have been created on or after 1 January 2017. Any elements included in an image must also have been created on or after 1 January 2017.
11. Images must be free of watermarks and added text. Images with watermarks or added text will not be considered.
12. All elements must have been photographed by the entrant and images submitted must be 100% photographic in origin, including textures, backgrounds, skies, borders, etc. The use of stock images or clip art is forbidden.
13. Images created wholly or in part with the assistance of artificial intelligence, 3D, or illustration processes may not be entered.
14. The competition organisers reserve the right to request RAW files or original JPEGs to confirm the authenticity of images.
SINGLE SHOT CATEGORY
15. Images may be single capture or composite. For composite images, all elements included in the final image must have been captured during the same wedding or civil ceremony, with the exception of borders and textures, if used.
16. Images may be single capture or composite. For composite images, all elements included in the final image must have been captured during the same wedding or civil ceremony, with the exception of borders and textures, if used.
17. A single entry for a portfolio submission must contain five (5) images. Entries with fewer than five (5) images will not be considered.
18. An entry may contain images from a single wedding or multiple weddings.
19. Entries will be shortlisted by the staff of Capture.
20. A panel of professional photographers and industry experts will judge the shortlisted entries and vote to determine a winner in each category.
21. Judges' decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
22. Winners, runners-up, and finalists will be announced in the February-March-April 2023 edition of Capture magazine. Winners will also be announced on www.capturemag.com.au in February 2023.
23. Product prizes are subject to availability, are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, the competition organiser reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
24. The competition organiser takes no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
25. The competition closes 30 October 2022, 11:59pm (AEDT). No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed, or misdirected entries.
26. An entrant may enter both categories as well as submit multiple entries within the same category.
27. Entry fees are non-refundable.
28. The entrant indemnifies Yaffa Media Pty Ltd (ABN 54 002 699 354) against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of the images.
29. Yaffa Media Pty Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
30. By entering this competition, the entrant guarantees to Yaffa Media Pty. Ltd. that all of the above Terms and Conditions have been met. Any entry found to breach the Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and all prize money and product prizes must be returned to Yaffa Media Pty Ltd.
Our terms and conditions have been approved by the Photowatchdog, and rated . Photowatchdog is the advocate for fair photo competitions in Australia.