Australia & New Zealand Photobook Award finalists revealed
Finalists have recently been announced for the Australia & New Zealand Photobook Award, hosted by Momento Pro. The Award celebrates excellence, originality, and 'fitness for purpose' in photo book creation. Established in 2011, over $127,000 has been distributed to 145 finalists whose work has been showcased in a travelling exhibition and print catalogues that are distributed to photo book communities, critics, and media across the world.
Twelve finalists have been announced for the 2019 Australia & New Zealand Photobook Award.
- Apókryphos by Cherine Fahd, published by M.33
- Banana Spider Bite by Jordan Madge, published by Bad News Books
- Imaanshaha, self-published by Saynab Muse, published by PhotoForum Inc
- Jump Into Bed With Me by Paul Knight, published by Perimeter Editions
- Mongrelism by Jono Rotman, published by Here Press and Images Vevey
- Rear View Mirror, self-published by Jonathan May
- Still Looking Good by Alice Connew, published by GLORIA Books
- Tabriz to Shiraz by Sarah Pannell, published by Perimeter Editions & Hillvale
- Tem Bigato Nessa Goiaba, self-published by Cecilia Sordi Campos
- The Bridge, self-published by Matteo Dal Vera & Michael Weatherill at University of Technology, Sydney
- The Man from Apophenia, self-published by David Symons
- The Moat, self-published by Oliver Hodgkins at Photography Studies College, Melbourne
Winners will be announced on Friday, 6 March at the Photobook/NZ festival opening night, hosted at Te Papa in Wellington, New Zealand. Following a keynote lecture, Spanish photo book maker and Magnum member, Cristina de Middel, will be handing out the prizes.
Momento Pro Print Prizes
Momento Pro is offering $10,000 in print credit prizes to enable winners and finalists to print and publish an existing or future publication.
- Photobook Winner: $2,000
- Student Winner: $1,500
- Photobook Commended: $1,000
- Student Commended: $750
- Finalists: $500 each for up to 8 finalists
- People's Choice: $750
- Judging Chair: Ann Shelton, Massey University, Te Kunenga Ki Purehuroa, University of New Zealand
- Ángel Luis Gonzalez Fernandez. Founder & CEO of Photo Ireland
- Rachel Knepfer, Picture Editor, Creative Director & Producer (Australia)
- Claire Murdoch, Head of Publishing, Penguin Random House NZ
- Scott Bundy, Founder/Creative Director, Bundy Agency
Get more stories like this delivered
free to your inbox. Sign up here.