Nikon Surf Photo and Video of the Year Awards opens for entries
Entries are now open for the annual Nikon Surf Photo and Video of the Year Awards. In partnership with Surfing Australia, the awards are open to Australian residents for images and videos taken in 2020. There is a maximum of three photo entries per photographer and two video entries per videographer.
A panel of thirteen high-profile individuals within the surfing industry will be tasked with judging the entries to determine the best single surfing-themed photo and video. The winner of both categories will take home a new Nikon Z 6II and NIKKOR Z 24 – 70 f/4 S lens.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Innovation and creativity
- Dramatic affect and sensory impact
- Stephanie Gilmore – Seven-time World Surfing Champion and Nikon Brand Ambassador.
- Layne Beachley – Seven-time world surfing champion, Chair of Surfing Australia
- Sean Doherty – Publisher Surfing World magazine, Chair of Surfrider Foundation
- Luke Kennedy – Editor Tracks magazine
- Keith Curtain – Publisher Australian Surf Business
- Neil Ridgway – Chief of Brand and Marketing, Rip Curl
- Jon Jenkins – Media and PR director at Premium Media
- Rob Bain – World Masters surfing champion, co-founder Aqualuna Media and Creative
- Sally Macintosh – Owner/publisher of The Mermaid Society
- Vaughan Blakey – TV and podcast host, surf film-maker and author
- Ray Bisschop – Publisher Surfing Life magazine
- Phil Jarratt – Journalist, author, former editor of Tracks and Australian Surfer’s Journal magazines
- Nick Carroll – Two-time Australian champion, journalist, author, Australian Surfing Awards curator
Entries can be submitted at: mynikonlife.com.au/surf.
Deadline for submissions is Friday, 15 March 2021.
Last year’s winning video, Flow State by Andrew Kaineder, can be found at this link..
Get more stories like this delivered
free to your inbox. Sign up here.