Call for entries: Australia + New Zealand Photobook Award
The Australia + New Zealand Photobook Award is now open for entry. Digital files need to be be submitted by 17 December, while physical books should be received no later than 17 January, 2019. The entries will be judged on their excellence, originality, and ‘fitness for purpose’, and be in the running to share the the prize pool which includes $13,500 in cash plus prizes. Finalists' books will feature in a travelling exhibition and printed catalogue will be sent to media around the globe.
The Award is the evolution of the Australia Photobook of the Year Awards, established by Momento Pro in 2011, and the New Zealand Photobook of the Year Awards established in 2016.
The competition is open to Australian and New Zealand citizens, residents, students, and companies
- Photobook Winner: $1,000 cash + $3,000 print credit
- Student Winner: $500 cash + $1,500 print credit
- Photobook Commended: $1,000 print credit
- Student Commended: $1,000 print credit
- Finalists: $500 print credit + inclusion in travelling exhibition
- People's Choice: $500 cash + $1,000 print credit
- Heidi Romano(Judging Chair)
- Teun Van Der Heijden of HeijdensKarwei (international judge).
- Kriselle Baker of Baker Douglas Publishing (New Zealand)
- Mags King, Managing Photographic Editor, Fairfax Media (Australia)
- Adam Harding of Centre for Contemporary Photography (Australia)
- Anita Totha of Remote Photobooks (New Zealand)
Full terms at www.anzphotobookaward.com.