Canon Collective to close after almost a decade
Canon Australia’s workshop and educational programme, the Canon Collective, will cease operating in its current format after almost a decade.
In a recent release on their website, Canon indicated that “impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic has made running our Canon Collective events incredibly difficult. This has in turn affected the long-term viability and sustainability of the events program”. Canon said the “difficult decision” was “necessary to ensure the long-term sustainability and success of the organisation”.
While the Canon Collective Facebook page will remain active, and the organisation is urging users to keep using the platform to help them improve their photography, the official Instagram page will be phased out from its current form after 31 October.
The Collective has a roster of seven ambassadors based around the country, although it’s not clear if there will be job losses as a result of the closure.
Bookings for upcoming Collective events will be refunded, with the Canon Collective also promising to contact ticketholders directly to arrange refunds. A schedule of event closures by state was also shared by the company, which you can read below.
• Victoria: All activities have ceased in adherence with current Victorian restrictions
• Western Australia: All activities have ceased due to current state border closures
• ACT, Tasmania, Northern Territory: All activities will cease immediately
• South Australia: All activities will cease by 30 August 2020
• New South Wales: All activities will cease by 31 October 2020
• Queensland: All activities will cease by 31 October 2020
• International: All activities will cease immediately
Get more stories like this delivered
free to your inbox. Sign up here.