The Annual 2019 - Our cover
The Annual is a celebration of the best imagery shot over the last 12 months. In it, we share work across 12 categories. Capture accepts submissions for The Annual each year from July to August.
The cover of The Annual is without a doubt some of the most coveted real estate the publication has to offer. This year, the honour went to veteran Sydney-based advertising specialist, Sean Izzard.
Sean Izzard has been in the top handful of advertising photographers for many years, and if you ask him, he’ll tell you he’s still getting better. Photography is a passion and his camera is almost a part of him. The ‘Boxer' was shot as part of a campaign for Rebel Sport, where he documented the trials and tribulations of dedicated amateur athletes.
About Sean Izzard
Sean Izzard has been working as a professional photographer for 30 years.
At the outset of his career, he shot editorial work for magazines and newspapers, before transitioning into advertising where he used his ability for story-telling to create images with great success.
Izzard has never been more passionate about his photography - the line between what is assigned and unassigned becoming more and more blurred.
He has amassed numerous awards, most recently the coveted black and gold D&AD pencils for his work on The Palau Project in 2018, inclusion for ten years running in Lürzer's Archive - Top 200 Ad Photographers Worldwide, and finalist in the prestigious Moran Prize, 2019.
In 2009, he co-founded The Pool Collective with industry heavyweight, Simon Harsent.
- D&AD, Cannes, One Show, New York Festivals, ADC, AWARD.
- Lürzer's ArchiveTop 200 Ad Photographers Worldwide (Vol I, II, III, IV and V)
- ACMP Collections 1-10
- 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - Finalist
- 2013 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - Finalist
- 2013 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - Semi Finalist (x4)
- 2012 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - Semi Finalist
- Midnight Cloud of Sapa - Golden Age Cinema Gallery, 2017
- Facing Bate Bay - Hazelhurst Regional Gallery, 2012
- Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - 2019
- This Time It's Personal - Sun Studios, 2019
- This Time It's Personal - Sun Studios, 2018
- Pool IX - Special Group Gallery, 2017
- This Time It's Personal - Sun Studios, 2017
- This Time It's Personal - Sun Studios, 2016
- Fifty/50 - Black Eye Gallery, 2015
- Dwelling - 107 Projects, 2015
- The Pool Collective - The Naked and the Nude - Black Eye Gallery, 2014
- The Pool Collective - Redux - Black Eye Gallery, 2014
- Summer Show - Black Eye Gallery, 2014
- Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize - 2013
- Head On - Collective 01 - Kaleidoscope Gallery, 2013
- The Pool Collective - Private View - Damien Minton Gallery, 2013
- The Pool Collective - Blow Up - Hazelhurst Regional Gallery, 2012
- Three Generations, Four Perspectives - Hazelhurst Regional Gallery, 2011
- The Pool Collective - Blow Up/Containers - Botanical Gardens, 2011
- ACMP Collections 1-10
Get more stories like this delivered
free to your inbox. Sign up here.