$52k up for grabs for winner of National Photographic Portrait Prize
Entries are now open for the The National Photographic Portrait Prize, with the winner set to receive over $52,000 in cash and prizes, including gear from the contest new sponsor, Canon, worth over $22,000. The first prize includes $30,000 cash plus the gear from Canon.
The National Photographic Portrait Prize, which supports photographers and encourages them to push the boundaries of portraiture, is in its 12th year.
Entries are open until 9.00am (AEDT) on 23 October 2018. Finalists will be announced in December and the winner will be revealed at the opening of the exhibition in February 2019.
The 2019 prizes
- $30,000 cash prize courtesy of the National Portrait Gallery of Australia
- Canon EOS 1Dx Mark II DSLR Camera - $9,499
- Canon EF85mm f/1.4 L IS Lens - $2,649
- Canon iPF PRO 2000 24” (A1) 12 Colour Graphics Large Format Printer (including professional service and consumables) - $10,000
- Eizo ColorEdge CG2730 27” Monitor – $3,245
Art Handlers’ Award
- $2000 cash prize
- Return shipping of the artwork
The exhibition of finalists will be displayed at the National Portrait Gallery from 23 February until 7 April 2019, before touring the country.
For terms and conditions visit nppp.portrait.gov.au.
Get more stories like this delivered
free to your inbox. Sign up here.